Monday, April 6, 2015

Redemption

I was cast out upon gray whale-dotted seas
amidst rolling waves from a storm-wrought breeze.
Upon a floating piece of ship's debris I did seize
and paddled my way toward a green isle of trees.

Upon the sandy shore I made my tired way
and thanked God for giving me another day.
I would survive this trial; I'd find a way!
And when I was found I'd know what to say.

Thank you, Lord, for letting me survive
and not only that but actually to thrive!
The mere fact that I am still somehow alive
is reason enough to do my best and strive...

Strive to be a better man, a better lover
and not to seek excuses and run for cover.
Always around my wife and child will I hover.
Who knows what together we may discover?

----------------------------------
mindbringer, 5 April 2015